Another year is coming to a close and, here at Cogito, we’re reflecting on the milestones that made 2018 such a momentous year for our company.
I remain grateful for our enthusiastic and creative employees, customers and partners and our committed investors. I’m immensely proud that, through the use of Cogito, our clients are humanizing how they interact with their customers – leading to happier, more productive employees and more loyal customers.
- Here are some of the tangible achievements that made this year so exciting:
- Closed a $45 million Series C funding round welcoming new investors, Avaya, Goldman Sachs, Battery Ventures, and Hearst Ventures.
- Welcomed new clients to the Cogito family including industry leaders in markets like Financial Services and Retail.
- Acquired Tenacity, adding a wealth of insights to our AI that will inform richer machine learning and improve the overall behavioral change methodology – enabling us to deliver highly objective, scalable analysis of agent behavior.
- Strong expansion of the use of Cogito within our existing accounts, resulting in a greater than 100% growth in users under contract over the past 12 months.
- Grew our headcount by more than 100%, including executive hires such as Jim Gomez, Senior Vice President of Client Services.
- Celebrated with our clients as they won awards for better serving their customers:
- MetLife Wins Accenture EFMA Award for its deployment of Cogito
- Humana Wins A Customer Experience Professional Association Award for its deployment of Cogito
- Changed the way mainstream press report on the industry:
- Wall Street Journal: Call-Center Agents Get a Human Touch
- Forbes: Beyond Siri And Alexa: Can Artificial Intelligence Help Us Communicate Better?
- Popular Science: Three artificial intelligence and tech tools trying to boost people’s mental health
- Finalized the spin-out of the mobile health business and hired Subhrangshu Datta, a marketer and strategist with extensive experience in healthcare, to lead the business.
Fueled by new innovations, a growing client base and Series C fund raise, we see incredible opportunities and far reaching implications for organizations who embrace technology to build more trusted relationships with their customers.
But there’s still work to be done. Employees today increasingly feel stress from the demands of modern life. And organizations are looking to more effectively connect with their customers to drive growth. Emotional intelligence is a critical skill to enhancing employee well-being, improving productivity and enabling organizational empathy. As emotional intelligence becomes a more in-demand skillset, enterprises will re-evaluate how they leverage AI – moving beyond the perception that AI is solely for automation.
Cogito’s technology offers a new frontier of human enhancing AI, and we are taking action today to meet this market demand. As we think about our impact on our own employees and our customers in the years ahead, we will work to attract the best talent, disrupt traditional software markets, and change how a broad range of organizations do business.
From all of us at Cogito: we wish you a safe and happy holiday season, and we look forward to an even more rewarding 2019!